Friday, March 7, 2008

Day three - trying not to spend anything

(from 5/3/2006, 9:40am)

In the square again with tea. Just went to the bank to deposit loose change. The vipers is going to hate me - but there you go. She's at work and the coins were defenseless. They were just looking at me saying "Dada - deposit us". So I did. $82.73 - close to the $100 a day that I cost just "existing".

Yesterday didn't spend too much: $25 on a haircut and $20 on lunch with next door and over the road, then $24 on Chinese food for dinner. Oh and $2 on a birthday card for he who has birthday on the 9th. Actually, that's $71 isn't it? Wow.

Black poodle guy is here again. As is Mark. He's sketching a building on the SE side of the square. For the first time (well, this week), I have to keep an eye on my watch coz I've got people coming at noon. It's been really nice not having to do anything at any particular time, but the strange thing is that my body is still waking me up for work at the "usual" time, I eat lunch at the "usual" lunchtime.

I don't think there's any need to spend any money today. I'm going to see what that's like. I can't remember a day that I did that ... that's dreadful isn't it? Well, I suppose I already have spent money just by incurring costs: I have used hot water, electricity, made an international phone call, surfed the web, checked my email, boiled water and used the toaster.

I had worried that I'd be tempted to smoke during this time. I used to smoke when I was bored or not doing anything else, but so far, so good. I dreamt about it last night, that there was a new law that you had to get a smoking permit in order to be able to smoke. You had to stand in line, then pay $2 then you got your permit. I told them that I had quit at New Year, but intended to start again soon. I guess that's tied in with the World Cup - England's first game is June 10th - when I said I would have one. We'll see.

Every Day Is Saturday: Day five - "Happy" Friday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.